5 steps to create a new tradition!
Tomorrow we are celebrating the national’s day here in Sweden. The national day only became a public holiday in 2005 and I must admit, the traditions regarding this day is not all that strong. This is a perfect chance to create some new traditions and why not make it some new outdoor traditions while you are at it! To succeed with any outdoor activity with family and friends, you need not only to plan where to go and what to do, but also how and what to eat. A good meal will do the trick, so pay attention!
Make a typical Swedish smörgåsbord by preparing a bunch of different dishes
1. First of all, find some good and simple recipes that will make a nice mix of flavours. I usually search for recipes with few ingredients and distinct flavours. This way I can make a few different dishes all with different flavours.
2. Prepare as much as you can at home. It can be fun to cook in the outdoors, but I often find it better to make as much preparations as possible at home but still save the actual cooking part for the outdoor. This way, your friends will see you as an outdoor master chef and you will be able to feed your guests in reasonable time.
A sunset enhances every food experience
3. Don’t overdo! Whatever you bring out and don’t eat, you have to bring back. Also back to point no 1. Simple is great and everything taste so much better outside. So no need to overdo!
4. The best way to make the food taste great outside, is to share it with family and friends. This is maybe also the best way to make some new traditions.
The dessert – a clear favorite
5. Finally. Whatever you do, don’t forget the dessert! For the warm summer days, prepare a food thermos with ice cream and bring out to your friends as a surprise. Big success!
To prepare for the national day, I have tried out some recipes from Light my fire. At their website www.utånjut6juni.se they share a lot of really good recipes. Here are two of my favorites from them. They are really easy to make and just as I like with few ingredients and great taste! Here below you can find the recipes. Fast, few ingredients and super tasty, enjoy!
My friends at Light My Fire are really trying to make us create a new tradition on the 6 June. At their website www.utånjut6juni.se they share a lot of really good recipes. Here are two of my favorites from them. Fast, few ingredients and super tasty, enjoy!